Cape Cod is home to amazing beaches, but it is also home to some amazing theater for both adults and children to enjoy. Check out one of the many shows for kids during your summer vacation, and take a break from the summer heat! With so many options to choose from in the area, it might be difficult to choose which performance to take in! There are puppet shows, fairy tale stories and original productions going on at different venues throughout the Cape. This is our list of where you can check out Cape Cod summer theater for kids this season
Cape Rep Theatre
Address: 3299 Route 6A (Main Street), Brewster
About the Theater: Open for its 32nd season, the Cape Rep Theatre has both an indoor and outdoor theater. This is handy because if there is rain for your outdoor theater performance, it will be held inside on the stage indoors and not cancelled.
- July 11th – August 22nd on Tuesdays at 10 am, Mary Wilson’s Pitter Patter Puppets is playing. This show is perfect for ages 2-6, but still fun for ages 7-100! Mary Wilson’s puppet shows are a fun and interactive escape from the summer heat! The show is 60 minutes long, and tickets are $8.
- June 28 – August 31 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 am, the Epic Adventure of Lulus Lemonade Stand : Lulu realizes that she is running late for her own birthday party, giving her no other option other than to cut through the strange part of town to get to the party in time. The show is 60 minutes long, and tickets are $10.
Cape Cod Theatre Company : Home of the Harwich Jr. Theatre
Address: 105 Division St, West Harwich
Phone: (508) 432-2002
About the Theater: Founded in 1951, the Cape Cod Theatre Company: Home of the Harwich Jr. Theatre is a semi professional theater which puts on 10 full productions a year. The Cape Cod Theatre Company: Home of the Harwich Jr. Theatre has a variety of performances year round, and also offers classes and workshops for budding actors and actresses.
- Friday, August 11 – Saturday August 27 Peter Pan and Wendy : Wendy and her brothers are fast asleep on a blustery winter night until they are awoken by Peter Pan and lead them on an adventure accompanied by a mischievous fairy named Tink. The performance runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings at 7:00pm. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday there are matinees at 4:00pm
The Cape Playhouse
Address: 820 Route 6A (Main Street), Dennis
Phone: (877) 385-3911
About the Theater: In addition to showcasing children’s shows throughout the summer, there is also a theater camp on premise. The week long camps are for children age 5 through 18. Check the class schedule for more information. Each session is split up by age group.
- August 11 : The Greatest Pirate Story Never Told A comedy all about the pirate life
- August 18 : Gizmo Guys Comedy Jugglers always has their audience in stitches with their silly antics
- August 25 : BUBBLE-OLOGY: The Secret World of Bubbles is hypnotizing to viewers young and old, a favorite for many every year.
First Parish Meetinghouse
Address: Route 6A (Main Street), Brewster
About the Theater: Trevor the Juggler with Carol Chichetto! For this event, the doors open at 9:15 am and tickets are $8. Children under 2 are free
- Every Thursday July & August Trevor the Juggler with Carol Chichetto : Carol Chichetto hosts an acoustic Sing-Along at 9:30 am before Trevor dazzles the crowd with his juggling performance at 10 am.
Cape Cod Melody Tent
Address: 21 West Main Street, Hyannis
About the Theater: The Cape Cod Melody Tent is home to a number of comedy and music acts, but it also caters to the younger crowd. Bring the kids to one of the performances at the Cape Cod Melody Tent, which are ideal for children age 3 – 7.
- Friday, August 11 : Cinderella
The Academy of Performing Arts
Address: 120 Main St, Orleans
Phone: (508) 255-1963
About the Theater: Every year, the Academy of Performing Arts has approximately 21,000 people walk through their doors to enjoy a musical, original work, comedy, or drama. Every year, about 12 productions are put on by the theater enjoyed by the local community and visitors alike.
- July 1st – September 2nd : Alice in Wonderland Jr. : Performances on Fridays & Saturdays at 10 am. Tickets are only $10, or $15 with fun post-show craft!
W.H.A.T. (Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater)
Address: 2357 Route 6, Wellfleet
About the Theater: Located on Route 6 in Wellfleet, this theater has a variety of shows for adults, but also offers a performance suitable for a younger crowd. All tickets are $12 apiece.
- July 12th – August 24th: The Colony of the Cats : A Cinderella Story, written by Stephen Russell, performed at the Larry Phillips WHAT for Kids Performance Pavillion.
Cape Cod Summer Theater for Kids
Cape Cod is an amazing summer destination for a number of reasons. The beaches, the natural landscape, and good old fashion fun are all top reasons for visiting the Cape with you family. While enjoying your summer on Cape Cod, why not take in a show with the kids. Check out the Cape Cod summer theater for kids and take a break from the summer heat! Check out our “Cape Cod Ice Cream Shops by Town 2017” blog to see where to find the best ice cream shops on the Cape! If you’re looking for some fun on the water, check out our blog “Cape Cod Boat Tours, Fishing and Water Sports.”